National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
DeKalb County Georgia Branch
3011 Rainbow Drive, Suite 180A
Decatur, Georgia 30034
Telephone 404 241-8006
Fax 404 751-2743
"Asleep at the wheel"
"Doing nothing is not an option on high gas prices"
The DeKalb County Branch NAACP is holding a press conference and rally, Saturday, January 22, 2011, at 11:00 am, at the Chevron Gas Station, located at the corner of Rainbow Drive and Candler Road, Decatur, Georgia 30034.. The purpose for this press conference is to accomplish the following:
1. Have Americans remember that by doing nothing will not bring the price of gasoline down.
2. Ask all Americans to cut back on their gas consumption where possible.
3. Ask all Americans to put pressure on their elected officials for Federal Price Control.
4. Ask all state and federal agencies to put a halt to price gouging.
5. Americans should try some of the following to save gas.
a. Ride Rapid Transit.
b. Develop car pools.
c. Ride bicycles.
d. Walk where practical.
6. Repeal all state gasoline taxes in the United States (state governments).
7. Call your state Consumer Protection Agency (the telephone number for Georgia is 404 656-3605).
8. Call the Federal Trade Commission hotline 1 800 244-3301.
For further information contact John Evans. 678 526-9026 or 404 213-8510.
John Evans, President